Thursday, February 02, 2006

That'll Be The Day...


Hey everybody...

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but I didn't have internet access the entire time I was out with the Larkins. The tour went well enough, but I just wasn't crazy about having to play with pre-recorded guitar tracks. Plus, three weeks into the tour, the tour bus broke down. So in order to get home from Wendover, Nevada, we had to rent two mini-vans and drive. The bass player and I drove 28 hours straight to get back to Nashville. Not fun! The Larkins went out for two more weeks this week and next, but I bowed out. It's just not financially sound for me to leave Nashville for that long for so little money. I managed to pick up a weekend date with Aaron Solinger & The Redneck Rhythm Band. It's not a lot of money, but it's something and it's a new gig with people I haven't played for before.

Today is a somber day for me, as it is the anniversary of the day Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson died in a plane crash in Clear Lake, Iowa. Actually, the plane crash was on February 3, 1959, but it was around 1 AM. The three stars played their last concert at the famous Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake. I used to go there all the time with Grandma Chrystol, as she seemed very happy that I was so enamored with Buddy. Aunt Grace always looked favorably on my obsession too, as she used to send me anything that the Clear Lake Mirror-Gazette published about him. So today I'll put on some Buddy, pull out my Fender Stratocaster and pay a little tribute to the man who taught me how to really love music.

We still miss you Buddy! Rave on!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'll be Glad when we get those instrument in their wall mounts... Trust me to buy the stand and then take 3 weeks to put them up. Maybe you could learn how to use the drill?

La

Anonymous said...

Keith Love your My space, but I can't comment on there So how is it going? Thanks for all the comments. We are going to go see Fancy tommorow afternoon and take pics of her mom and dad, also take charlie up there to see her family, charlie has been so much fun we have been over to ron's parents every day to see him. If lauren has any tips on raising puppies please let us know as this will be new to us. Charlie is doing great no messses in the house yet, even uses the doggie door that the cat use to use Take care Love ya come and see us sometime. Kat is playing for worship this sunday the youth group is going to try and play every last sunday of the month for morning worship. See ya Love Kathy