Monday, September 11, 2006

Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning...

I remember where I was...

I was sleeping until the last possible minute before getting up to go to work at Grigg's Music in Davenport, IA. Mom shook me awake at about 8:05 and said a plane had hit the World Trade Center. I wasn't quite sure what she was talking about, but I could see she'd been crying. I got up and we went into her bedroom to watch the Today show coverage. About 10 minutes later (8:17) I watched in horror as a second plane hit the other tower. I couldn't believe this was happening in America. The entire rest of my day seemed like a surreal version of my life. Work was spent watching the television coverage (and walking outside to see the F-14's and Air Force One fly over the Quad Cities as Pres. Bush made his way to Omaha, NE). I can't believe it's been five years...

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. My summer schedule was pretty busy and I guess I just haven't had anything I felt like writing about. Waking up this morning, however, I was moved to write when I turned on the TV and saw the tributes going on. Hearing all the names being read, seeing the footage again... makes me feel VERY blessed to be alive.

Lots of things have been going on lately. I'll take time to write more about them later, but for now I just want to express my condolences to all of the families who lost a member, all of the husbands and wives who lost their spouse, all the parents that lost their children, and the children that lost their parents. I cannot imagine the pain of your loss.

Live every day as if it were your last, and never forget...

No comments: