Sunday, January 06, 2008

Come Fly With Me...

Greetings and salutations from 30,000 feet. As I write (type?) this, I am flying over Texas, en route to Dallas. Tonight Tequila Sunrise, the Eagles tribute band that I’ve been performing with since 2004, will perform at the House of Blues in beautiful, downtown Dallas.

2008 is here and with that comes New Year’s resolutions. One of mine is to keep up with this blog thing that I started so long ago when I was performing with David St. Romain. My other resolutions are to get back to the gym (everything you eat goes straight to your gut when you reach your 30’s), and read the Bible. I’ve been feeling a bit out-of-whack, spiritually speaking, so I’m gonna do my best to fix what’s ailing me.

On the Nashville scene I’ve been performing semi-regularly (whenever they keep the bills paid and the club open!) at Cadillac Ranch with Robert Wayne and Rabid Squirrel. (Yes… you read that correctly.). Alongside me in the group is my Tequila Sunrise compadre, Vernon Roop on keyboards. We finally latched on to a killer guitarist and bassist so we’re sounding pretty good lately. We also have Tim Waters on fiddle, acoustic guitar and vocals. Tim used to front 8 Second Ride, who played a lot of the same clubs as Lonesome Road did when I was in the band. It’s so amazing how the different parts of my life all seem to intersect in Nashville.

I’m also going to begin taking a lesson or two from Jim Riley, drummer/musical director for Rascal Flatts. He’s a tremendously talented individual and it’s never too late to learn, right?

We’re descending into Dallas now, so I’ve got to sign off or the airline police will come and swipe my laptop!

Take it easy!!

No comments: